Signed copy + free US shipping!
Author Bill Munn says that the key to maximizing performance is already planted within us—and within everyone around us—in the inherent strengths that we often ignore or fail to recognize while we focus on overcoming our so-called weaknesses.
This bias toward improving on negatives is detrimental to how we function at our jobs and at home. We devalue our talents in part because we take our natural gifts for granted, and in part because we’ve been conditioned to focus on getting good at things we struggle with, at the expense of things we’re already great at.
An eagle doesn’t need to put energy toward improving his swimming skills, because he is already a master of flying and diving. Munn wants us to live our lives the same way. He explains, with heart and authority, how we too can find success by focusing on our inherent gifts—and by helping those we manage do the same.
This book provides:
- A selection of oft-seen attributes (Creator, Decisive, Developer, and so on)
- An array of tools to help readers identify unique strengths in themselves and others
- Specific tactics and techniques to nurture one’s strongest traits—what Munn calls our power-alley attributes—and better grow and manage teams in light of the group’s overall attribute profile
With these tools, we kick unproductive habits to the curb and experience the power of our personal best.
Munn presents extensive real-world examples and actionable tools, including:
- Insight into the power and pitfalls of each attribute
- Deep dives into the best and worst attribute pairings
- Tips for identifying which attributes fit with specific job functions
- Tactics for recognizing and appreciating power-alley traits in others
- And much more
The book offers valuable advice to leaders seeking to improve their teams as well as their own leadership skills, though all readers will rapidly discover that Munn’s techniques apply as much to their personal lives as to the growth of their careers.
Order here, and we’ll send you a signed copy of the book—with no shipping charges for addresses in the continental United States!
There are no reviews yet.